Untitled Document
CMHL Award Winners

Untitled Document
Today's Games - 5
- 2
- 4
- 2
- 5
- 2
- 6
- 4

Untitled Document

Player Search

(Advanced Search)
Season 6 CMHL Award Winners Announced Written by habsfan93 - June 21st, 2010

The CMHL Awards were announced today in grand style as the players, coaches and GM's convened at CMHL Headquarters for the ceremony.

Find out who won, who didn't and who should have!

Alex Ovechkin of the Ottawa Senators was the big winner on the evening, taking home the Hart Trophy, Art Ross Trophy, and Lester B. Pearson Award. Ovechkin was without a doubt the most dominant offensive player in the CMHL this season, and this was recognized by the GM's of the league. Pascal Leclaire and Zach Parise were expected to put up big competition for the Hart Trophy, but at the end of the day, Ovechkin took home 50% of the vote, with the other two players splitting the remaining votes.

A number of players who had outstanding seasons including Pascal Leclaire, Zach Parise, Mike Green, Sidney Crosby and Paul Stastny received recognition in the Lester B. Pearson voting, but Ovechkin received the award with 58% of Lester B. Pearson votes.


On the backend, in an extremely close vote, Mike Green of the Detroit Red Wings won the Norris Trophy  receiving 50% of the vote, one vote more than Shae Weber of the Ducks. Anton Volchenkov received a small number of votes but this was a two horse race all the way, with some GM's rewarding pure offense, and other a more balanced approached.


In an absolute landslide, and unsurprisingly, Pascal Leclaire of the Toronto Maple Leafs won the Vezina Trophy, receiving all but one vote cast by GM's. That one vote went to Henrik Lundqvist, who seems to be making a habit of finishing 2nd place in this award. 


His teammate, Bryan Little of the Toronto Maple Leafs won the Calder Trophy as Rookie of the Year. Little received 85% of the vote. while Eriksson and Brassard split the remaining 15% of the vote.


In a closer vote, Rod Brind'Amour of the New Jersey Devils was rewarded for his defensive prowess, as he received the Selke Trophy with 56% of the vote, the remainder being split evenly by runners up Peca and Zajac.

Last year's winner, Henrik Zetterberg came up short this year, as Andy McDonald of the Pittsburgh Penguins won the Lady Byng Award with 54% of the vote. Zetterberg took in 38% of the vote, with Scott Gomez coming in 3rd.


Finally, to no one's surprise, after performing an incredible turnaround in Toronto and winning the Presiden't Trophy, GM Stajanfan of the Toronto Maple Leafs was awarded the Jack Adams Trophy, receiving 81% of the vote. This is the second time Stajanfan has won this award, having previously received it in Season 3. quackquack was the runner-up, receiving a few more votes than Schultzie.



Moving on to the GM awards, the Kookaranian Award for Trading Ability was awarded to Chicago Blackhawks GM Hawky, who received 46% of the vote in a tight affair. Spicy and Sharky evenly split the remaining votes. This award caps a terrific CMHL career for Hawky, by far the most successful female GM ever in the CMHL, who announced that she was stepping down last week.


The Grizzlygoalie Award for Decision-Making Ability was awarded to Toronto Maple Leafs GM Stajanfan, who received 58% of the vote. AsmodeanReborn, last year's winner, was the runner-up with Schultzie coming in 3rd place.


The Jay Award for Passion and Intensity was awarded to Tampa Bay Lightning GM lightningbolt, who received 38% of the vote, in a very close vote, beating Detroit GM hgimn by only one vote. Phoenix GM Gerv received a good share of votes as well in 3rd place.


lightningbolt was a double winner on the night, taking home the AsmodeanReborn Award for League Activity and Presence, for the second year in a row, with 62% of the vote. Islanders GM Moll came up in 2nd place, followed by Stajanfan.


And finally, the M3 Award for Submitting Lines was awarded to Detroit Red Wings GM hgimn, who received only one vote more than Islanders GM Moll. Others recognized with votes were quackquack, Simon, Stajanfan, lightningbolt, habsfan93, Oilerfan, Gerv, chriscmb, Hawky, and tetreault29.


To wrap things up, the ICHF Awards were given out with relatively little in the way of surprises.

Cory Murphy of the Red Wings received both the Hart Trophy with 69% of the vote, and the Norris Trophy with 85% of the vote.

Leland Irving of the Canucks received 62% of the vote for the Vezina Trophy.

Rich Peverley of the Maple Leafs received the Lady Byng Award with 58% of the vote.

And finally, GM hgimn of the Detroit Red Wings was named ICHF GM of the Year in receiving the Jack Adams Trophy with 81% of the vote.


Congratulations to all the winners!!

Submit A Comment -

CMHL © 2004-2013
Logos designed by and used with permission of Icethetics
This site is best viewed at resolutions of 1024x768 or bigger, and has been designed for best use in Mozilla Firefox.